Rabbits typically have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years. We want to make sure they maintain a high quality of life throughout their time with you. We recommend annual checkups so we can stay in tune with your furry friend’s health needs. If you are interested in booking an appointment for your rabbit, please contact us at 705-476-3913.
What services do you offer for rabbits?
Since rabbits are mammals, they require some of the same care as our other furry clients, like cats and dogs. Some of these services include:
- Dental care
- Nail trimming
- Diagnostic imaging like X-rays and ultrasounds
What are some do’s and don’ts of rabbit care?
Care instructions could differ depending on your pet’s unique needs. Our veterinary team is happy to provide specialized recommendations based on any concerns or support you might need for them. Some general do’s and don’ts include:
- Don’t be alarmed of they eat their droppings – it’s a vital part of their diet
- Do feed them a diet filled with hay, vegetables and fruits
- Don’t feed them beans, chocolate, nuts, seeds or corn – they can cause serious digestive complications
- Do dedicate time to regularly playing and interacting with them – they’re very social pets
- Don’t crowd them in a small cage, the bigger the better – they need lots of space to move around freely
- Do clean their cage several times a day